Finish your degree in as few as 18 months. Our most flexible master's degree combines convenient online classes in the fall and spring with exciting 2-week summer studio experiences in Washington, D.C. Scholarships are available.
The Master of Arts in Art Education at The Catholic University of America is designed for students who want to enhance their artistic research practice and transform lives through art. Our program is rooted in the philosophy that truly impactful art educators are skilled artists and designers with active research agendas, exemplifying leadership.
- Complete your degree in 15 months through part-time study while working.
- Advance your career as an artist, researcher, museum administrator, or art teacher.
- Experience the world's most visited museums including The National Gallery of Art, Freer, The National Museum of Women in the Arts, The African-American Museum, and Hirshhorn Museum, to name just a few.
- Applicants to the M.A. in Art Education are eligible for a partial endowment-based scholarship upon completing the portfolio and university application process.
- Learn about our exciting all-expense paid international art + design exchange program with embedded research opportunities for students who join by Spring 2024.
The Spring 2024 cohort is forming now. The application deadline for Spring 2024 is December 15, 2023 (November 1 for international). Semesters for entry are currently Spring and Summer.
This 30-credit low-residency program prepares innovative and effective teacher-leaders who will impact future students in a variety of twenty-first-century learning environments such as PreK-12 schools, alternative community or cultural settings, museums, or private organizations.