Your application to the M.A. in Art Education will be reviewed on the strength of your ability for graduate study. Applicants to the M.A. in Art Education are eligible for an endowment-based scholarship. The Spring 2023 cohort is forming now to start January 2023 (November 15, 2022 deadline, November 1, 2022 for international). Semesters for entry are currently Spring and Summer. For more information, please contact Dr. Delane Ingalls Vanada.
Step 1: Apply to Catholic University
A Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.F.A.) is required for admission to Catholic University’s Art Education program. The online Graduate Application requirements include:
- A $60 application fee
- Statement of purpose. Your statement of purpose (1-2 pages) should address your interest in our program, relevant educational and personal experiences, and personal goals relevant to art education.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation. Letters can be from current or former instructors, supervisors, or practicing professionals with current knowledge of your academic ability and potential. No letters from family, friends, or clergy.
- Resumé or CV. This should include relevant work and professional experience, as well as related activities such as research, awards, exhibitions, and service.
- Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate level or higher courses. In order to expedite the processing and evaluation of admissions, unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, final, official transcripts and documentation of degree conferral are expected to be submitted as soon as possible
More information about Catholic University’s graduate admission process can be found here.
Step 2: Submit a Portfolio
In addition to the general requirements for graduate admission, applicants to the M.A. in Art Education should also submit a portfolio of artwork through the portfolio portal.
- Portfolio of Artwork. Submit 10-15 pieces of your portfolio for review that shows breadth in skills and knowledge of various media--drawing, painting, sculpture, graphic design, digital art, photography, etc.